If you have found an item/s on babycity.co.nz that you wish to layby, (excluding online only specials) please refer to the store locator to find your local babycity® store and we can set this up for you. Please note; in-store and online specials may vary.
babycity® In-store Layby Terms & Conditions
- Laybys are available as a payment option in any physical babycity® store
- A minimum 10% deposit of the full value of the goods is required
- The item you want to layby must have a minimum value of $20
- Laybys up to $300 are valid for 6 weeks
- Laybys $301-$500 are valid for 8 weeks
- Laybys $500-$800 are valid for 10 weeks
- Laybys $801+ are valid for 13 weeks
- Overdue or cancelled laybys incur a 10% administration fee which will be charged on any cancelled layby. The 10% administration fee is calculated as 10% of the original layby amount.
- End of season sales, or clearance item laybys require a 50% deposit and are valid for 2 weeks.
In-store and online
Split your payment into 4 instalments
Pay for your purchase over 4 instalments, due every two weeks.
You'll pay your first instalment at the time of purchase, and the remainder over time.
No fees when you pay on time
With interest-free instalments, the only fees you pay are late payments. You can find your payment schedule in the Afterpay app and you'll be sent regular reminders.
- Simply add items to your cart and go to checkout as normal
- Select Afterpay as your payment option at checkout. Orders up to $2000 are eligible to use Afterpay
- You will be redirected to the Afterpay website
- If it's your first time, create an Afterpay account or simply login
- Enter or verify your payment details to confirm your order
To pay with Afterpay, all you need is:
- A New Zealand credit card or debit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- A New Zealand residential address
- You'll know you've been approved within seconds
The funds for your first payment must be available on your chosen card at the time of checkout.
If you fail to make a payment, you'll be charged a late payment fee of $10, with a further $7 fee added 7 days later, if the payment is still unpaid. For more information visit Afterpay here
Don't have a credit card? No worries. The future of online payments is here.
Credit cards are great for some, but not for all.
Online EFTPOS gives you a way to pay with your own money, not someone else's.
Less is more
If you're paying with Online EFTPOS, all you need is your mobile number, and the participating banks app. Payments can be made straight from your smartphone. It's fast, easy, and secure.
If you have an ASB, Co-op, Heartland or Westpac banking app, simply choose Online EFTPOS as your payment option at checkout.
Enter your mobile phone number, then approve the payment within your mobile banking app. That's it. You will be redirected back to babycity.co.nz and your order confirmed.
Purchasing Online with Q Card
You can use your Q Card to make online purchases at Babycity.co.nz* and receive at least 3 months no payments and no interest^. To use Q Card online simply select 'Credit Card' as your payment type when you check-out, enter your Q Card number, expiry date and CVV number. (Your CVV number is a 3 digit number displayed on the back on your Q Card).
What is Q Card?
Q Card is the ideal shopping partner, combining the benefits of a credit card with the added ability to access a range of interest-free deals at thousands of stores nationwide. To find out more about Q Card, or to apply online, please click here.
3 Months No Payments & No Interest
*No payments and no interest for 3 months (“Payment Holiday”) is available on standard purchases in-store and online Standard Interest Rate of 28.50% p.a. applies to outstanding balance at the end of standard Interest Free Period. Rates and fees correct as at date of publication, subject to change. Columbus Financial Services Limited and Consumer Finance Limited reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate the offer and these Ts&Cs at any time without notice.